Q&A: Navigating Life with Disability During COVID-19
In this episode, Ashley Belknap speaks with Stephanie Hubach, founding director of Engaging Disability, about life during COVID-19 and asks her these questions:
1. During this unique season of COVID-19, many families impacted by disabilities are experiencing unique losses that many may not think about – the absence of therapies, lack of respite, social skill regression, changes in routine, etc. We would love to hear how your family is navigating this unique season and particularly, what losses you and your family may be feeling during this time? (11:08)
- A Difference in the Family: Living with a Disabled Child by Helen Featherstone
- Second Wind for the Second Half by Patrick Morley, now titled Second Half for the Man in the Mirror: How to Find God’s Will for the Rest of Your Journey by Patrick Morley
- Learn more about Stephanie Hubach’s work at Covenant Theological Seminary and her position as Research Fellow in Disability Ministry on her website.
- Purchase Steph’s book, Same Lake, Different Boat: Coming Alongside People Touched by Disability, Revised and Updated, at the lowest price available, at Simply the Gospel.
- View the video series accompanying Same Lake, Different Boat, edition 1, for free on Vimeo (ad free) and YouTube.