- This event has passed.
Surviving vs. Thriving: Summer Strategies for Parents of Kids with Disabilities
June 30 at 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
8 pm ET 7 pm CT 6 pm MT 5 Pm PT
Doors open 10 minutes early.
Speaker: Ashley Belknap, Director of Engaging Disability With The Gospel
It’s challenging to predict how long the COVID-19 race will last. Maybe you sprinted with enthusiasm in the early weeks. Perhaps you have begun to feel isolated, lonely, and concerned about regressions you see in your children. Wherever you are on the continuum, we know that the days are not easy for parents of children with unique needs.
As we celebrate the end of school, what will the summer hold for your family? This training is for the weary who still want to thrive this summer without adding more to the to-do list.
Topics we will cover include:
- Strategies for combatting the four parenting enemies: guilt, frustration, fatigue, and anger
- Strategies for setting goals that are not exhausting
- Finding joy in ordinary things
- Maintaining long-term perspective in a day-to-day world
- How to view progress, have fun, and think creatively
Reserve your spot for this online training session today! You will receive an email with a login link that is unique to you. Having trouble registering online? Call Cheryl at 470.294.6229.