Would your church like to host a Children’s Ministry training event for your region? Engaging Disability offers gospel-centered disability ministry training for Children’s Ministry, designed for church leaders, volunteers, parents, and grandparents.
SPEAKER: Ashley Belknap, Engaging Disability Director
SCHEDULE: The typical schedule includes:
- Friday – Lunch or Dinner meeting, 1.5 hours, includes meal and keynote address
- Saturday – Breakfast and 3 hours of workshops
CONTENT: Training may be customized to fit your context. The typical training topics are listed below.
COST: To make the training accessible to all, our goal is to offer training at little or no charge to participants.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The host church is responsible for:
- Inviting all nearby PCA congregations; Engaging Disability staff will help with promotion
- Providing the facility and meals on Friday and Saturday
- Paying the speaker’s travel expenses
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Cheryl Erb to discuss all details. firstname.lastname@example.org or 470.294.6229
TYPICAL TRAINING TOPICS: Usually covered are these subjects:
- Friday: Developing a Gospel-Centered Special Needs Ministry that Fits Your Church
- Understanding the essential components of special needs ministry
- Determining where you are and the next steps
- Understanding barriers that make change more difficult
- Moving the entire family from the fringe to full participation
- Saturday: Discipleship, The Gospel, and Special-Needs Children
- Gospel-centered understanding of behavior and communication
- The teaching-learning process for special-needs kids
- How to break down theology and adapt lessons
- Planning ahead for youth ministry and beyond