As 2018 draws to a close, we would like to share many areas of ministry that this past year included.
- We conducted 173 consultations with families and congregations plus 17 onsite consultations with churches.
- We presented and exhibited at 4 conferences held by The Gospel Coalition, CDM’s ONE Women’s Ministry, and CDM’s ESTABLISHED Children’s Ministry.
- We presented 7 training workshops at conferences.
- We made 9 presentations at PCA churches.
- We made 2 presentations at PCA presbyteries.
- We began a new online training program and presented 13 live online sessions on a variety of topics including:
- Teaching Elders: Next Steps in Embracing Disability Ministry in Your Church
- Ruling Elders: Understanding Your Role in Facilitating Disability Ministry in Your Church Context
- The Role of the Deacon in Disability Ministry
- The Church and Diaconal Care in Disability Ministry
- Disability Across the Lifespan: Adapting Ministry to Engage Your Families
- Enfolding and Discipling Teens with Disabilities
- Developing Friendships with Adults Who Have Disabilities
- Enfolding Seniors into the Reach of Your Disability Ministry
- Buoying the Caregiver: What Every Church Can Do
- Buddy Training for Volunteers, Parents, and Church Workers
- Peer Buddy Training for Kids and Youth
- Encountering Problem Behaviors: A Gospel-Centered Approach for Every Child
- Utilizing Church Websites to Serve Families Touched by Disability
Registrations came from churches and families in 28 states and 5 nations. Participants included pastors, elders, deacons, church staff, church members, volunteers, parents, people with disabilities, and caregivers.
We were able to do all these things because of the generous giving of churches, organizations, and individuals throughout 2018. Engaging Disability With The Gospel is entirely funded by contributions from people just like you.
We are very close to reaching our financial goal for 2019 which will enable us to expand ministry with churches and come alongside even more families touched by disability. Would you consider investing in Engaging Disability With The Gospel?
We need 12 individuals to contribute $19 per month in 2019.
We need 5 one-time gifts of $190 before year-end.
Your investment in this ministry enables us to:
- educate congregations
- train volunteers, church staff members, and families
- provide adaptations and accommodations to make discipleship and growth in Christ a reality for our friends whose lives are impacted by disability.
Your giving makes a difference!
Your partnership will enable us to engage disability with the gospel across 1,900+ PCA churches.
Many thanks and wishing you a Happy New Year!