MINISTERING TO FAMILIES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS IN OUR CHURCH: WHERE DO WE BEGIN?
Engaging Disability With The Gospel is hosting a FREE online training session. Join us this Thursday, May 17, for a FREE one-hour video conference call via Zoom at 8:00 pm EDT / 7:00 pm CDT.
Our director, Ashley Belknap, will teach for approximately 30 minutes, followed by discussion and Q&A with the entire Engaging Disability staff for the rest of the hour.
All you need to participate is a computer, tablet, or mobile device with a functioning camera and microphone.
Every church has families touched by disability with unique needs. Whether you have one such family or many, we want you to be confident in taking steps to minister to them. Several factors are important to understand first:
- How to assess families’ needs
- How to understand your church context and its current barriers and challenges
- How to come alongside the entire family with steps to help them integrate into the church and grow in Christ
We will explore questions such as:
- How do you get to know a family who is touched by disability so that you know what they need without building the relationship exclusively on needs?
- How do you determine what step you take next within ministry?
- What are the must-have’s in disability ministry – for every church – as you seek to better enfold and disciple your families?
We will also take your questions before and during the call.
Click here to reserve your spot for this session.
We hope to see you Thursday night!