Buddy Training for Volunteers, Parents, and Church Workers
August 28 at 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
A FREE One-Hour Evening Online Training– Attend from home or after work
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
8 pm ET | 7 pm CT | 6 pm MT | 5 pm PT
Teacher: Ashley Belknap
As you approach the fall, are you looking for ways to assist your children, teens, and young adults with disabilities in their faith and in relating to peers and others? Buddies may a big part of your solution!
A buddy is a strategically placed friend who comes alongside to assist and encourage someone with a disability. Qualifications to be a buddy include:
- a heart for the Lord and His people
- a desire to see students growing in their faith
- a willingness to implement accommodations that facilitate growth in Christ and relationships with others
In this online training, we’ll teach you all about being an effective buddy to a person who has a disability. Both of your lives will be changed as you love like Jesus loves!
- The purpose, role, and relationship of a buddy
- How to assess learning needs and support the lead teacher
- Adaptations and accommodations that keep people learning the Bible
- The role of a buddy when problem behavior occurs
Click here to reserve your spot for this or any of our online training sessions today!